Where can I find additional renting resources?
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Find detailed information on mortgage relief options and a small section on help for renters.
- Internal Revenue Service: Find more information about one-time cash payments.
- Zillow’s Renters Guide: Find helpful tools and tips for renting, all in one place. Get information about budgeting, living with roommates, renters insurance and much more.
- Rent Affordability Calculator: See what you can realistically afford based on your monthly income and debts.
- HUD rental assistance resources for every state: The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides assistance at a federal level but also works with state and local agencies. Learn what programs and services are available in your area.
- Tenant rights by state: Know the laws and protections in your state.
- Spotting and Avoiding Rental Scams: Scammers can exploit a crisis — this article can help you identify red flags.
- U.S. Department of Labor: Find information on how to apply for unemployment benefits.
- National Center for State Courts: Get information on how COVID-19 is affecting legal proceedings on a state-by-state basis.